Top 15 tips to know before purchasing and using laptops
- TIP! Before you make any concrete plans to buy both a tablet and a laptop computer, take a look at the different convertible laptops available today. Such laptops provide the convenience of both while costing less than getting one of each.
Be sure your laptop is outfitted with a dedicated graphics chip if you plan to play HD games and movies. Integrated graphics might not be strong enough for running specific video game graphics. Choose between a dual-core and quad-core processor laptop.
- TIP! Carefully consider the laptop’s weight. You should choose a lightweight notebook if you were carrying it frequently.
If you’re not a heavy gamer, don’t believe that you need some heavy duty laptop to get the job done. Most regular laptops have graphics that will work just fine with most video games. A computer designed specifically for gaming isn’t worth the extra expense for most consumers. Save the money.
- TIP! Dedicated graphics chips are better for users who will watch movies and play games on their new laptop. Integrated chips are not as fast and may stutter if play a lot of high-end games or videos.
Before purchasing a laptop, look online for coupon codes. Perhaps you won’t find anything, but it can’t hurt to look. You’d hate to pay full price and then turn right around and see an excellent sale on the same thing.
- TIP! Consider purchasing a laptop online. Online vendors usually have much better prices.
If you buy from an online seller, don’t buy your word processing or spreadsheet software from them. Usually, if you do that, you pay full price for those productivity and word processing programs. It’s better to purchase this software separately from a online discount vendor. You can save 20-30% or more.
- TIP! Don’t assume expensive models are better than budget models. In some cases, you may be getting better quality, but other times, probably not.
Spending a little money on a cooler now could save you much money in the future. Remember that the underside of your laptop can become quite hot. Get a cooling pad for it.
- TIP! Have an idea about how you will use the laptop before purchasing it. This will affect the amount of money you’re going to be spending.
Invest in your laptop’s sound system. Some laptops are a little wimpy on sound since it’s not a full PC. Then, when you’re trying to watch a video, the music is terrible. Be sure that you’re checking out the laptop’s sound before you buy it.
- TIP! Make sure you’re able to upgrade your laptop’s RAM if need be. You may not need any extra space or memory now, but you might later on.
Try out a laptop before buying. You might not be looking at ergonomics as well as hard and fast technology. However, all of those other features will pale if the machine you chose causes you physical discomfort or pain when you use it.
- TIP! Think about size when you’re choosing your laptop. Laptop sizes are measured diagonally and typically range from 13 to 17 inches.
Consider both Windows and Mac operating systems. Windows will typically cost less, but Mac computers have other benefits that users prefer as well. Visit an electronics store to give them both a try. You should also make sure to do a little research through the Internet as well.
- TIP! You want your laptop to have multiple USB ports. This is an essential element that is sometimes ignored.
If you are only using a laptop for browsing the Internet, consider purchasing a tablet. You could save money while still being able to download apps. Most tablets can wirelessly connect with a keyboard, making it easier to write recipes, emails or notes for class.
- TIP! Try not to confuse netbooks with laptops. It is a misconception to think of a netbook as just a small laptop.
Don’t buy a laptop because of its name. While household name brands typically offer fantastic quality, they are often expensive. Know what the hardware means so you can figure out if a cheaper model will work for you. A company that is not as well known may offer some fabulous deals.
- TIP! Consider the mouse the laptop comes with. There are quite a few mouse designs that are built into laptops that are out there.
If you’re considering purchasing a laptop, make sure that you know what you’ll primarily use it for. For instance, some computers are business machines, while others are better for gamers. You need to find a laptop that has been designed with your specific needs in mind.
- TIP! When purchasing a laptop, make sure the graphics chip meets your needs. For most first laptop uses, integrated graphics chips will suffice.
Think about getting your laptop customised. Of course, it is quicker to purchase an already completed laptop. However, your needs might change as time passes. Customized notebooks can easily cost less than a pre-set system, as you can avoid paying for high-level hardware you may not need.
- TIP! Once you purchase a laptop, try to use all the application, hardware and software within the first month. Most computers only have 30 days to get returned.
Check out the ports which come on your laptop before you buy! To use many things, such as a phone charger and a mouse, you’ll need multiple USB ports. Know how many ports you will need before you settle on a laptop choice.
- TIP! Look for a laptop that has a built-in webcam. In today’s world, the camera is used more and more.
With the smart tips found here, you are readier than ever to pick the right laptop for you. Learn all that you can on the subject. Once you determine exactly what you need and how much you can spend, you will be able to find the perfect laptop.
- TIP! When buying a laptop, keep in mind that different brands have different reputations. Check out what people are saying about Sony versus what they say about Asus, Acer, Apple or Toshiba.
IT Fix Direct