Exactly what’s New: Intel today announced additions to the 8th Gen Intel ® Core ™ processor family: The U-series (formerly code-named Scotch Lake) and Y-series( previously code-named Amber Lake) are enhanced for connectivity in thin, light laptops and 2 in 1s for the very first time, while likewise providing ultimate mobile performance and long battery life.
“The new 8th Gen Intel Core processors extend once again our leadership in providing extraordinary performance. Now with Gigabit Wi-Fi, we have actually enabled faster PC connection, added more instinctive voice experiences and made it possible for longer battery life needed for the next wave of mobile computing.”
— Chris Walker, vice president of the Customer Computing Group and basic manager of Intel Mobile Client Platform
Why They are very important:
- New 8th Gen Intel Core U-series and Y-series processors raise the bar for connection, efficiency, home entertainment and productivity for today’s laptops and 2 in 1s. The 8th Gen Intel Core U-series processors bring incorporated Gigabit Wi-Fi to thin and light mainstream laptops for the very first time, delivering up to 12-times faster connection speeds. They likewise provide to 2-times much better efficiency, compared to a 5-year-old PC, and double-digit gains in workplace productivity for everyday web surfing and light content creation over the previous generation.
- This leap in connectivity and efficiency will assist empower people to focus, develop and connect in your home, in the office and on-the-go. Consumers can now download their preferred shows and movies in under a minute;
- produce, edit and share 4K/360 video content 6.5-times quicker;
- and stream and play video games, consisting of “World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth”* and “World of Tanks.”*
8th Gen Intel Core Y-series processors likewise provide fast connectivity alternatives, including fast Wi-Fi and LTE abilities with unprecedented performance, to the some of the thinnest and lightest laptop computers and 2 in 1s in the market with double-digit gains in efficiency compared to the previous generation, allowing fresh developments in sleek and compact type factor designs with extended battery life. Both the U-series and Y-series processors have brand-new and improved platform abilities for more intelligent interactions with PCs, such as assistance for multiple voice services on the U-series and improvements to improve natural input choices like touch and stylus for the Y-series. What They Feature: 8th Gen Intel Core U-Series Processor (i7-8565U, i5-8265U, i3-8145U)– The most recent 8th Gen Intel Core i7, i5 and i3 (U-series) processors provide the ultimate performance in a 15-watt envelope with up to four cores and eight threads for mainstream laptops and 2 in 1sts. Other essential features and capabilities:
- For the very first time on this class of processors, Intel is providing blazing fast connectivity with integrated Gigabit Wi-Fi with Intel ® Wireless-AC for faster sharing, streaming and downloading.1 Paired with Intel LTE modem options, customers will have fast connection any place they are.7 Working
- with the PC ecosystem, Intel is delivering unbelievable performance in power-efficient platforms. With the brand-new U-series processors, laptops and 2 in 1s get the additional leap in performance while also lasting up to 16 hours on a single charge, with power-optimized systems targeted to accomplish about 19 hours.5 Customers can simplify their lives and get more finished with Amazon Alexa * and Microsoft Cortana * to assist manage lighting and temperature level in their houses, play music, produce lists and shop with the noise of their voice, whether they are at house or on-the-go.
- Download in a snap and watch premium 4K UHD material from suppliers, including Amazon Prime Video *, Netflix *, iQiyi *, Sony Pictures ULTRA * and Vudu *.
- Devices with the brand-new U-series processor can also support Dolby Vision ™ HDR * and Dolby Atmos ® * immersive audio. Together, the fusion of Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos change PCs into entertainment powerhouses.
8th Gen Intel Core Y-Series Processor (i7-8500, i5-8200Y, m3-8100Y) – The very first 8th Gen Intel Core i7, i5 and m3 (Y-series) processors are balanced for mobility and provide amazing efficiency that people get out of Intel processors in incredibly thin and light gadgets with quick Wi-Fi and LTE connectivity. Other essential features:
- Stream, share or download with Intel Wireless-AC supporting Gigabit wireless speeds, and experience seamless and reliable connection with Modern Standby and eSIM support with Intel’s Gigabit LTE modems.
- Improved touch and stylus interaction to power imagination and sketch, shade and paint with precision.
- Ultra-sleek, thin-and-light styles less than 7 millimetres thick and lighter than 1 pound for usage in the house, in the office and on-the-go.
IT Fix Direct